On 16-17 September 2022 the 10th edition of the International Conference on Intracranial Atherosclerosis (ICAS) will take place in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Intracranial atherosclerosis represents a major cause of stroke worldwide with and thereby exerts a huge burden on societies in terms of morbidity and mortality. Besides its particular importance as a global health problem, it is an aggressive entity and patients affected by symptomatic intracranial atherosclerosis have a very high risk of recurrent ischemic events. This, in combination with the substantial uncertainty that remains on optimal treatment for intracranial atherosclerosis, is the major incentive for the International Conference on Intracranial Atherosclerosis (ICAS). The ICAS started in 2008 and will have its 10th edition in 2022 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Experts in the field of intracranial atherosclerosis from all over the world will gather at ICAS and share state-of-the-art research and experiences that cover the whole spectrum of the disease, ranging from its etiology to its treatment. This is an in-person meeting.
Board members & organizing committee
- Daniel Bos, MD, PhD | Erasmus MC – University Medical Center Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Prof. Juan Arenillas, MD, PhD | University Hospital Valladolid, Spain
- David Bonovich, MD | San Ramon Medical Center, United States
- Prof. Louis Caplan, MD | Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Boston, United States
- Prof. Marc Chimowitz, MBChB | Medical University of South Carolina, United States
- Jong Kim, MD, PhD | Asian Medical Center Seoul, South Korea
- Prof. David Liebeskind, MD, FAAN, FAHA, FANA, FSVIN, FWSO | University of California: Los Angeles, United States
- Prof. Liping Liu, MD, PhD | Capital Medical University, China
- Jose Navarro, MD | University of Santo Tomas Hospital Manila, Philippines
- Prof. Tanya Turan, MD, MSCR | Medical University of South Carolina, United States
- Prof. Lawrence Wong, MD, PhD | Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong, China
This meeting is endorsed by the European Stroke Organization. It is open to all who are interested in cerebrovascular diseases.
European Stroke Organisation (www.eso-stroke.org)
Next ESO Conference (www.eso.kenes.com)